Leadership, Teaching and Learning
Pedagogical Resources - Under Construction.....
Partnering with faculty, staff, and students to promote inclusive excellence
I wish my professor knew
The CLTL's Student Advisory Council seeks to create productive interdisciplinary conversations between students, staff, and faculty. This T-shirt and video campaign, "I Wish My Professor(s) Knew", creates a visual starting point for such a dialogue.
In accordance with our liberal arts mission, Skidmore College’s Center for Leadership,
Teaching, and Learning (CLTL) partners with faculty, staff, and students on campus
to promote excellence and innovation in teaching and learning through inclusive, evidence-based,
and student-centered practices.
Mission & history
Programs and Goals
- support faculty research and creative work;
- support staff access to professional development opportunities;
- further, the creativity, collaboration, and professional renewal* among faculty at all stages of their teaching careers as they develop, refine, and reflect on their own distinctive practices;
- stimulate an honest exchange of ideas about differing pedagogical practices and related student-learning outcomes;
- center diversity and inclusion principles as integral to best teaching practices; and
- encourage the evaluation and assessment of newly adopted approaches to teaching and learning.
What does effective teaching look like to you?
"I can never stress how important cultivating spaces where marginalized folk are listened to and respected is. There have been so many instances where I have felt silenced both academically and socially on campus. The spaces where I have experienced the most healing, radical truth-telling, and transformative learning were intentional in ensuring that marginalized voices are not only listened to but valued."
READ MORE FROM STUDENTS